Thursday, February 2, 2012

{Fierce Beauty By: Kim Meeder}


When I chose Fierce Beauty by Kim Meeder to review, I thought this was going to be a breeze. I thought I knew what beauty was. Kim Meeder really makes you dig deeper into your soul to find your true beauty. She starts off by talking about her parents and the fact that they were killed in a murder/suicide. She was then raised by her grandmother. Her stories are full of sadness. But, they are also filled with the hope of God's grace and forgiveness. Her life could be described by the world as tragic. Since she is a follower of Christ I would call it triumphant. She has overcome so many obstacles and challenges that God has shown her through all of these things who she really is. She is beautifully and wonderfully made just like every person on earth.

Beauty is not just skin deep. True beauty is in our hearts. It is how we love others, treat others, view others, and respond to every situation in our lives. Fierce Beauty is a book of stories from Kim Meeder's life. She overcame death, loneliness, self-pity, and many other problems. I have been through these same things. I know everyone has been through at least one of these things. This is a relatable book to just about everyone. It's not just for women, men can benefit from reading this book as well. Especially if they are surrounded by women.

"True beauty is not about how you look but how you live."
-Quote from the back of the book

At the beginning of the book Kim Meeder writes a dedication to her friend Jenni Reiling. As I read the words written there, I couldn't help but cry. Her friendship with Jenni was so strong. Jenni is with the Lord now, but went through so much pain and suffering before her death. She showed Kim what real beauty in a person looks like while going through cancer and chemo treatments. Jenni's faith in God never failed during that time and only shined brighter. I hope to be like that in my life. A light that shines so bright that it impacts others even when I am gone.


God Bless,


Kristy

*This book was given to me for review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

No comments: