Wednesday, March 7, 2012

{Beauty For Ashes by Dorothy Love}


Beauty For Ashes is Dorothy Love's newest book. This is the second book in the Hickory Ridge Romance series. Here is a summary of the book (from the back of the book).

"She's a beautiful young widow. He's a southern gentleman with a thirst for adventure. Both need a place to call home."

Carrie Daly wants a family but after her husband dies in the Civil War her dreams are crushed. There are not very many eligible men in Hickory Ridge, Tennessee. I absolutely love historical fiction books, especially ones that are faith-based. In this book, the townsfolk are very judgmental toward a woman who chooses a man who doesn't fit into their little mold. Griff Rutledge is that man. Carrie falls for him and everyone snubbs her because they think they know more about him than she does.

Dorothy Love has the reader feeling exactly what Carrie is feeling. If she doesn't like something, then I found myself not liking it. If she loves something (or someone), I found myself loving it as well. The emotions are ever-changing and the mood of the book changes with Carrie. I really loved this book and recommend it to anyone who likes a historical fiction book.

If you go to Dorothy Love Author Page on Facebook you can enter to win a Kindle Fire and a Sapphire ring.



Please visit her Facebook page to enter by 3/20. You can also get all of the latest news from Dorothy Love.


God Bless,


Kristy

*I was given this book for review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Thanks, Kristy. That was a mistake, I didn't even realize I had hit publish. When I have a pending review I post the info I have in a draft and add my review to the links as I read. I changed it as soon as I noticed.