Thursday, August 16, 2012

{My Pop-up Bible Stories}



My Pop-Up Bible Stories by Juliet David is a cute and inspirational children's book. It has two dimensional scenes on each page that captivate a little ones imagination. The author and illustrator really put their heart into each story that they chose. There are five well-known bible stories included and the actual verses from the bible are on each page as well. My children thought the book was very fascinating. Bear's (my 3 year old) eyes got big each time I opened a new page and the story literally unfolded before him. He enjoyed the colors and creativity the author put into this cute book.

I would recommend this book to any family with young children. The book is sturdy but I wouldn't recommend allowing the little ones to handle it themselves. Pop-up books are great but small children tend to think that the arms and legs can be taken off and moved around (I learned from personal experience through other books we have at  home). I believe that this would be a wonderful addition to any family's home.


Blessings,


Kristy

*I was given this book in exchange for my personal review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

1 comment:

Becca @ The Earthlings Handbook said...

Hi, Kristy! This is off-topic, but I saw your comment on the post about losing baby weight at Growing Home, and I found that her site wouldn't let me comment, but yours will. :-) I have a few ideas for eating cheaply and losing weight:

Instead of buying expensive special flours and sweeteners, reduce the amount of flour and sugar you're eating. Serve yourself half as much bread, pasta, etc. and more vegetables. When you are adding sugar to something, use 3/4 the usual amount and see if it still tastes sweet enough.

Plan meals around the vegetables that are on sale. Make veggies your main focus (half the plate) and use less meat (which is expensive).

Eat more beans and peanuts (if not allergic). They are cheap sources of protein and good in lots of meals. I especially like red lentils because they cook in only 20 minutes or so. Even canned beans are cheaper and healthier than most meats. The fiber helps you feel full, and beans do have some carbs which will compensate for eating less flour.

If you have two sizes of plates, use the smaller size for all your meals--it makes portions look bigger!

Drink herbal tea when you crave a snack. It has no calories, but the warmth helps you feel full, and the taste is satisfying (as long as it's a flavor you like!).

I have lots of thrifty recipes on my site! Here's an example of a four-week menu.