Monday, April 30, 2012

{God Helps Me}


"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." -Proverbs 22:6




The verse above is the reason that I chose to homeschool my children. God wants us to train our children by teaching them about Him first. If we teach our children about God above all else they will develop good character. Character quality is an important part of growing up and being able to function in society without being rude, mean, angry, etc. 


I was very happy to be chosen to review a new bible for children. It is called God Helps Me Bible. It is re-written by Juliet David in a way that small children can understand easily. The book is illustrated by Clare Caddy. The pictures are very eye catching and simple. There isn't too much detail to make your imagination run wild (which I really liked). The stories that are used are ones that include one person helping another. Most of them are God helping someone with a problem. 




My husband and I read the bible to both of our boys just about every night. We have other bibles for them, but chose to read this since it was so cute. It is small enough for little hands to handle it. The only thing I don't particularly care for is the spiral binding. My copy has actually come apart. It would be more helpful (and sturdy for little ones to handle) to be put together like a board book. That being said we have really enjoyed having this wonderful little book. Bear (my 3 year old) asks to read it every night before bed. He cries if he can't find it right away. 


Bear's favorite story is "A man comes through the roof". It is the story about the man who was paralyzed and some people cut a hole in a roof to get to Jesus. Jesus healed the man and he could immediately walk. Bear thinks it is amazing that Jesus could perform miracles like that. 


I recommend this book to anyone with children. It is a wonderful addition to our book collection and homeschooling resources. We will be using it as long as Bear and Ducky are little enough to appreciate it and then we will have more little ones who will love it too. 


Blessings,

Kristy

*I was given this book in exchange for my personal review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*



No comments: