Thursday, June 14, 2012

{Beloved Enemy}



What would you do if you fell in love with a man from the North and you were a true Southerner during the Civil War? That is the story that Al Lacy writes in his newest book Beloved Enemy. What I really loved about this book was the historical facts. It was like I was actually there with each of the characters as they went about their days or fought in a battle. I also liked that Al Lacy did not have any sexual content included in the book. I read one person's review about Beloved Enemy and they wanted more sexual content. This is a Christian fiction book. I am personally happy to read anything without sexual content.

I truly enjoyed having the opportunity to read this wonderful book. I thought it was well written and kept my attention from the first page. A General for the Union becomes caught up in a spy ring for the Confederacy. His daughter is courted by a Corporal in the Union army. When the General forbids his daughter from seeing the Army Corporal again she must choose her loyalties. Does she listen to her heart and continue to see her beloved against her father's wishes? Or, does she stay true to her Southern roots and support her father's efforts in the Confederacy knowing that he could be caught and killed?

The historical parts in this book were pretty accurate. I mean it is a fiction book so some of it is made up. But, I believe for the most part the actual facts are true to history. I recommend this book to any historical fiction book lover. The Christian aspect was great as well. There was nothing inappropriate about it and anyone over the age of 15 would enjoy it.


Blessings,


Kristy


*This book was given to me for my personal review. All opinions expressed here are solely my own.*

No comments: