Friday, December 30, 2011

What is real masculinity and authentic femininity?


In today's society where gender roles are being reversed we need a clear, biblical view of our roles as men and women. In his book Secure Daughters, Confident Sons, Glenn T. Stanton opens our eyes to the proper way of leading our children to be healthy men and women of God. In America, there is so much confusion about gender and what it really means to be male or female. We have, as a culture, strayed away from God's design and are now reaping the consequences. Our young adults care more about pleasing themselves than God. In this book you will discover "what gender-appropriate behavior looks like at various ages", how to help your daughter become the woman God wants her to be, and how to help you son grow into confident manhood. You will also learn how we, as parents, influence out children's behaviors as male and female role models and what God's design for each gender really is.

I loved reading this book because I have two sons who will be influenced by secular society more than I want them to. There are distinct differences in men and women and the author brings those to life. He explains how our differences draw us to each other instead of separating us further. I need to know how to raise them to be confident men who are strong in their faith and beliefs. My husband and I want our sons to become real men. Men who aren't afraid of what the world thinks of them. This book gave me a clear understanding of what God expects of me as a parent to teach my children about growing into a God-fearing adult.

We do not have any daughters at the moment, but this book teaches us to let our girls be girls. Let them feel pretty, feminine, play with dolls, and pretend to be mommies. Mr. Stanton also touches on the subject of modesty. This is something that is close to my heart because I have been convicted of this in the last few years.

There is so much information and insight that I cannot even scratch the surface of all that is covered. I can, however, recommend this book to anyone who has young children (although it's never too late) and couples thinking about starting a family. This is a good starting point on how to raise children to have authentic masculinity and femininity.

God Bless,


Kristy

*I was given this book for free by Waterbrook Multnomah in exchange for my personal review. I recieved no other compensation.*

No comments: